The Home Shopping Process
Your Real Estate Agent’s most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
We do that in a number of ways.
We regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
We make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted in real-time. You will no longer have to deal with delays public domain websites are susceptible to.
We help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, we provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes how long it’s been on the market, preferred closing dates, and pertinent property details. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
As local Experts, we will also give you the scoop on the neighborhood, so you get a clear sense of what a community is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on us to steer you away from undesirable areas, and to introduce you to properties we suspect you’ll like.
When you find a property you like, we give you honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You shouldn’t have to make such an important decision without unbiased Expert advice.
As your Real Estate Expert, we’re committed to getting you into the right home, and we’re with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a look around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s our job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let us know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. We’ll partner you with the best suited Real Estate Agent. Or, submit the form below and we’ll get back to you.